Smithsonian 3D Digitization Office
- Will be working with the Smithsonian 3D Digitization Team to create an open-sourced database of undocumented 3D scanned artifacts and design new methods of presenting artifacts in a gamified augmented reality platform (ExplorAR).
- Designed feasible user interfaces using Photoshop, created engaging user interactions with effective user flows, & developed core feature prototypes with Unity for an upcoming game: Coffee Talk. Featured in 3 major game journals & invited to attend 4 international game conferences. Won Best Storytelling Award in Level Up KL 2018.
- Consulted UX & UI improvements for 5 upcoming indie games published under Toge Productions. Won an award at Game Prime Asia 2018 for Best Publisher.
- Performed user testing & research.
- Improved the workflow between developers & artists.
- Optimized ergonomic user controls for different platforms (PC, PS4, & Switch).
- Involved in research projects about spatial cognition, locomotion, and usability in virtual and augmented reality environments.
- Developed prototypes with Unity, wrote shader & rendering scripts, wrote specifications analysis, and created use case analysis for a virtual reality flood simulator.
Augmented reality educational modules, Client: Shaver's Creek
- Designed & developed user interactions for a marker-based AR educational app in Shaver’s Creek Environmental Center using Vuforia API with Unity.
- Designed UI and 2D assets using Photoshop.
- Developed scene management & animation scripts in C# with Unity.
- Performed user research and testing.
Pennsylvania State University:
College of Information Sciences & Technology
- Designed user interface & interactions using Photoshop for a study about the retention issue on Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) supervised by Dr. John M. Carroll & Dr. Ben Hanrahan.
- Ramly, M. A. (2019, January 28). Mini Case Study: Vehicle Choice Conundrum in GO-BOX. Prototypr.io.
- Ramly, M. A. (2018, November 4). Mini Case Study: A Quest to Find The Hidden Embed Video Link on Google Drive. Prototypr.io.
- Ramly, M. A. (2018, October 23). Brewing a Meaningful Experience in Coffee Talk. Gamasutra.
- Ramly, M. A. (2018, October 17). Brewing a Meaningful Experience in Coffee Talk. Medium.
- Neupane, B., Ramly, M.A. 2018. ExplorAR: A Collaborative Artifact-based Mixed Reality Game. Asian HCI Symposium'18 Proceedings: CHI 2018 Montreal, Canada. ACM Digital Library.
Presentations & Workshops
- "A Very Basic Intro to Unity" @ HackPSU Fall 2018 – PSU AR/VR Labs (2018)
- "Intro to ARCore with Unity" @ Google Codelabs Jakarta - Google Developers Group Indonesia (2018)
- "What's New in ARCore?" @ Google I/O 2018 Extended Jakarta - Google Developers Group Indonesia (2018)
- "What's New in ARCore?" @ Google I/O 2018 Extended Bogor - Google Developers Group Indonesia (2018)
- "Intro to Immersive Media (AR/VR/XR)" @ HackPSU Spring 2018 - PSU AR/VR Labs (2018)
- "Intro to Immersive Media (AR/VR/XR)" @ GWC Meeting - PSU AR/VR Labs (2018)
- "Intro to Unity: Scripting with C#" @ PSU AR/VR Labs Meeting - PSU AR/VR Labs (2017)
- "Student Startups Panel" @ IST 237 - Rain Reality (2017)